You may never need a 6 hours rated fire damper but it is comfortable to know that Our curtain fire dampers have been independently certified for 6 hours integrity as standard. These are suitable in both vertical and horizontal planes as a power stainless steel torsion springs are fitted to guarantee closure.
- Tested and assessed installation methods to BS EN 1366-2 and BS EN 476 20/22–
- Stainless Steel Springs.
- Available with Microswitches for blade status.
- Available with HEVAC/HVCA installation Frames.
- Flanges available for fitting to ducts or wall apertures.
- Available with circular spigots
- Max size 1200mm wide x 1000mm.
- 163mm deep Standard.
- E classified Fire Dampers complying with BS EN 13501-3
- Tested installation methods in differing supporting constructions (BS EN 1366-2)
In the event of a fire, the fusible link will melt at 72ºC. When this melts the blades are free to close. The Blades are spring assisted and will slide down casing closing the open face. The Blades will stay closed until reset by hand a new fusible link would be required at this stage. The fusible Link comes in a variety of temperatures ranging from 72Deg, 95 Deg. 124 Deg, 145 Deg and 182 Deg.
The Fire Dampers have undergone a series of reliability tests. All models have been successfully cycled 250 times without failure. The stainless steel negator springs have been cycled 5000 times without failure. The dampers have also been evaluated after dust loading. The test is designed to simulate the build up of dust and airborne particles which occur in duct systems over long periods of time. These particles may inhibit the positive closure of the fire dampers. Sample dampers were exposed to a circulating grain dust air mixture. The particles are allowed to accumulate on the various parts of the dampers after which the damper were removed from the chamber and successfully tested fire closing and latching.